Hi dear Forum,

I'm kochi from Luxembourg, and unfortunately I don't speak Slovakian :cry: , however I hope that someone could give me some hints anyway ...

In fact I would like to spend some days somewhere the Tatra region, and I wondered if there are any downhill Bike-Parks or somewhere ski/chair-lifts operating during Summer where it would be possible to get up with a MTB and having some fun downhilling the montains ...?

To be perfectly honest, I'm rather a MTB beginner and therefore I'm not looking for the real hard stuff ... but I would rather prefer to enjoy the mountains an having a good time. 8)

I'm not sure you could help,
But I would appreciate any hints or tips.

Thanks in advance, :wink:

greetings from Luxembourg,

yours,
kochi
14.05.2008 - 15:22:38
kochi, since high and low tatras are national parks, biking is not really allowed there. i think the only possibility to ride your bike without braking the law is in Jasná ski resort that has its own bike park - http://www.jasna.sk/page01.php?id=141
14.05.2008 - 16:13:09
Hi kochi,Iam from Poprad town which is directely next to High Tatras.There are few freeriders in High Tatras and they use to ride in Hrebienok area.It is official bike trail,so you can ride there.It's begining in Stary Smokovec,where you can ride up on the asphalt route(2,3km) or use cable-railway and then you get to Hrebienok.From there you can use trail on the right side of cable-railway(when you're looking Hrebienok up to down) or trail along railway on left side.I was riding there 2 weeks ago and they were just cleaning trails,so could be nice now.
Next option is trail 2.from Tatranska Lomnica - to Start where is also lift and down by terrail trail.
Here you can find all mtb trails in High Tatras,if you are able to ride uphill as well I recomand especially first one.
http://www.tanap.sk/cyclo.html
There are more trails,but not in National park areas if you want to ride DH/FR,one of the best is Jasna in Nizke Tatry as wrote katko already.
Maybe it wasn't exactly grammary well,so sorry... :oops:
14.05.2008 - 18:00:26
Kua šak pridz bycygľovac do Raja :lol: tak toto nem pochopi :lol: na toto žadni translator nestači :lol:
14.05.2008 - 23:54:25
Cool,

Thanks a lot !
This is exactly what I was looking for ... !

Enough inspiration to spend few days in Slovakia ...

thanks,

cu,
kochi

@drotar: maybe I'll need a human translator :)
15.05.2008 - 20:24:25
Hello. Sorry for the spelling but tlmocim via translator. Very good routes on the National Park Slovak raj is only 25 km from the High Tatras
15.05.2008 - 21:19:58
Drotar, to bolo mile! (Drotar, it was nice.)
15.05.2008 - 21:23:19
Drotar, to bolo mile! (Drotar, it was nice.)

Co mam robit ked anglicky ani trt :cry: neviem.
15.05.2008 - 21:25:32
keyboard_arrow_up